Letterpress wedding invitations are truly a thing of beauty. If you compare it with a normal, digitally printed invitation, you could see that there is absolutely no comparison at all. The …
Letterpress wedding invitations are truly a thing of beauty. If you compare it with a normal, digitally printed invitation, you could see that there is absolutely no comparison at all. The letterpress invitation is superior in every which way – quality, style, aesthetics, and a sense of uniqueness.
Resurgence of Letterpress Printing
Letterpress printing, in case you did not know, is the oldest method of printing. The technique was used by men of letters back in the days to print volumes and volumes of books, which we read till date. The printing process is quite labor intensive, as you have to arrange each and every letter in the text one by one. The raised surface is then coated with ink and pressed against a sheet of paper, which leaves an impression of the text on the paper.
Digital printing, on the other hand, is fast, instant, and requires very little work. So, it became the choice of printers all over the world in a short time. However, there has been a resurgence of letterpress printing in many countries around the world, including Australia. Many printers have combined letterpress with modern printing and created a unique amalgamation of printing method. Instead of metal or wooden plates, photopolymer plates are used for printing. These plates are a lot easier to use, maintain, repair, and replace than traditional metal or wooden plates. Thanks to the new method, printing letterpress invitations has become a whole lot easier and less cumbersome these days.
Advantages of Letterpress Printing
- The impressions are so deep that you can actually feel by running your fingers across the surface of the invitation. There is a certain novelty factor involved in this type of printing, which cannot be explained unless you experience it yourself.
- Letterpress Business Cards in Australia usually use the highest quality paper to print invitations for special occasions. The printing technique works well with any type of paper – no matter how thick and heavy it is – including the extra stocky treeless cotton paper. It is not possible with digital printing.
- Letterpress printing creates bold, crisp patterns that look spectacular on a wedding invitation. The quality of craftsmanship involved is such that it is virtually impossible to replicate it through digital printing.
- When it comes to Gold Foil Wedding Invitations Australia is one of few countries that have still maintained the old school tradition of letterpress printing. Many printers here take pride in the fact that they play a role in preserving and propagating a traditional printing method that has continued to evolve through the centuries. So, by opting for letterpress cards and invitations, you are playing a part in keeping the tradition alive and supporting the printers who do the same.
Choosing the Right Wedding Invitation
If you have decided to opt for letterpress wedding invitations for your wedding, you are not alone. The printing technique is back in vogue and many couples are opting for the same due to the novelty factor and also the fact that the invitations are so aesthetically pleasing. Before you place your order, there are a few things you need to know.
- Letterpress printing is more expensive than digital printing. So, your budget should be your primary concern. Make a list of letterpress printers in your city, talk to them, and ask them for a quote. Compare the quotes and choose one that suits your budget.
- It also takes longer than flat printing. So, place your order well in advance. You cannot rush the printer at the last minute because there is nothing much he can do. The process is time-consuming and labor-intensive and the printer has to put in a lot of time and effort to get it perfectly made according to your specifications.
- Try to get everything right the first time. Sit down with the graphic designer and tell him exactly what you want. Once the draft is ready, take a good look at it and let them know if there are any changes to be made. Making changes repeatedly is not an option with letterpress printing due to the laborious nature of the process.
- Most printing presses in Australia have a catalogue of letterpress wedding invitations for you to choose from. If you want something truly unique, you can opt for a customized invitation, which will be designed and printed especially for you. It does, however, cost more than readymade invitations. If budget is not a constraint, you can definitely opt for bespoke invitations, which are a perfect choice for a truly special occasion like wedding.